INTERNATIONAL COMIC SHOWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do YOU want to see at BICS?

+14
judge_echo
jenika
AlanH
Swamp Boy
simonwyatt
middenface
Bov
oddballuk
abarron
hes
Paul Smith
Harry
Admin
Simon
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who do YOU want to see at BICS? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do YOU want to see at BICS?

Post  oddballuk Sat May 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Admin wrote:We already had Micahel lark in 2006.

We have two big names waiting to confirm that I think may excite a few folks on here. :-)

S.

Doh! I missed that first BICS in 2006. My bad.

Other cretors i'd love to see at BICS or a UK con are:

- Chris Bachalo
- Gene Ha
- Paul Pope
- Kyle Baker
- Aaron Lopresti
- Joe Kubert (and Andy/Adam too of course, though Joe more!)

Line up is looking pretty great so far anyway!

oddballuk

Back to top Go down

Who do YOU want to see at BICS? - Page 2 Empty Who do YOU want to see at BICS?

Post  simonwyatt Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Charles Vess
Brett Blevins
Steven Bissette

simonwyatt

Back to top Go down

Who do YOU want to see at BICS? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do YOU want to see at BICS?

Post  Swamp Boy Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Eric "Dwight T Albatross" Powell

Swamp Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanH Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:43 pm

You've never disappointed with the guest list yet and I always like to meet people I haven't thought of before but if you want the wish list -

Bill Sienkiewicz
Tim Sale
Mike Kaluta
Norm Breyfogle
George Pratt
Jim Steranko
Matt Wagner

AlanH

Back to top Go down

Post  jenika Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:01 pm

It would be nice to see some japanese manga artist or anime director.

Rumiko takahashi
Ai Yazawa
Monkey Punch
Ayaho Miyazaki

or some European artist:

Jean Henri Gaston Giraud (aka: Moebius)
Milo Manara
Albert Uderzo

or the french-iranian autor of Persepolis
Marjane Satrapi

jenika

http://www.neptunefactory.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bov Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:46 pm

I just read on Ben Templesmiths website that hes coming to the Uk in October and November, i know hes in leeds in November

so do we have Templesmith for BICS this year???? =D

Bov

Back to top Go down

Who do YOU want to see at BICS? - Page 2 Empty B.T.

Post  Admin Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:09 pm

As Ben is attending Leeds as a headlining guest, we don't really think it would be appropriate to invite the same guest to BICS as it may detract from the impact for the Leeds organisers, which would be unfair on those guys.

However, as with all major comics professionals, if Ben wanted to attend BICS as a guest while in the UK, he would - of course - be very welcome. If he does decide to attend, we will add his name to the guest list on the website.

best

Shane
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://bics.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:18 am

Understood, although it would be great if Templesmith would join the artists currently at your show. Any idea when one can expect any updates? Still sad to see, that neither Chris Weston, Frazer Irving, Liam Sharp, Paul Grist, Barry Kitson, Kev Walker, John Watson or any other name who usually atteind conventions in the UK will join.
Are you still in discussion with any other big name overseas star guest?

Harry

Back to top Go down

Post  abarron Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 am

Harry wrote:Understood, although it would be great if Templesmith would join the artists currently at your show. Any idea when one can expect any updates? Still sad to see, that neither Chris Weston, Frazer Irving, Liam Sharp, Paul Grist, Barry Kitson, Kev Walker, John Watson or any other name who usually atteind conventions in the UK will join.

Yeah when is Steve Dillion gonna get announced

(Wishful thinking)

abarron

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 am

Barry kitson would come, but he's overseas at the time with work commitments. All the other UK guys you mention will probably be there, but have not confirmed, therefore are not listed. As I think I may have mentioned previoulsy, we only publish the names of guests who officially confirm 100% to avoid dissapointment for fans.
However, most UK pros do attend the show. Some officially, some as punters. We are always in discussion with dozens of overseas creators at any one time. When they confirm we make it public knowledge, until then, you'll just have to wait and see. :-)

all the best

Shane

Harry wrote:Understood, although it would be great if Templesmith would join the artists currently at your show. Any idea when one can expect any updates? Still sad to see, that neither Chris Weston, Frazer Irving, Liam Sharp, Paul Grist, Barry Kitson, Kev Walker, John Watson or any other name who usually atteind conventions in the UK will join.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who do YOU want to see at BICS? - Page 2 Empty sale

Post  hes Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:32 pm

So what are the chances of tim sale coming as apunter as he is not on the offical guest list

hes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi Hes,

Although I'm sure your question is indended as a jest, I will answer. Very Happy

Tim Sale has been invited but is not able to attend due to work commitments.

cheers

S.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abarron Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:42 am

Admin wrote:Hi Hes,

Although I'm sure your question is indended as a jest, I will answer. Very Happy

Tim Sale has been invited but is not able to attend due to work commitments.

cheers

S.

Damn

abarron

Back to top Go down

Post  judge_echo Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:56 pm

I've been to every Birmingham con since they restarted at the Custard Factory and they keep getting better. The highlight for me so far has been meeting Mike McMahon two years ago (followed by Mike Mignola, John Cassaday and Michael Lark). With the cost of air fares etc, why not go for a more UK-centric guest list this year with more classic 2000AD artists and writers, most of whom are still in the UK? Ian Gibson, Steve Dillon, Glen Fabry, John Smith, Cam Kennedy, Patt Mills, Kevin O'Neil, Brett Ewins, Brendan McCarthy - The list is practically endless, and the work they've produced outside of 2000AD is a pretty big draw too.

Of course, if you want an overseas guest without going all the way to the states, the mighty Carlos Ezquerra would make a great headliner!!!

judge_echo

Back to top Go down

Who do YOU want to see at BICS? - Page 2 Empty UK Guests

Post  Admin Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi Judge,

Thanks for your kind word. I'm glad you've enjoyed all the shows.

All of the UK names you have mentioned (and Carlos) have open invitations to attend the show. Unfortunatley all of them either don't do conventtions anymore or where at Bristol this year. Some of them will be there though, just not as confirmed guests.

We do have a huuge roster of UK guests confirmed this year though including Alan Davis, David Lloyd, Staz Johnson, Charlie Adlard, Mark Buckingham, Sean Phillips, Duncan Fegredo, Bryan Talbot, and many many more.

We have no problem affording overseas guests. They are simply oftn unavailable due to work or other commitments. Whe they are available and want to come, we'll fly them over, no problem. Very Happy

all the best

Shane
Who do YOU want to see at BICS? - Page 2 Bicsal11

[img][/img]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abarron Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:47 am

Admin wrote:

We have no problem affording overseas guests. They are simply oftn unavailable due to work or other commitments. Whe they are available and want to come, we'll fly them over, no problem. Very Happy

For real??
I know Jonboy Meyers has said he would love to attend a UK con but can't afford it.
Think it might be a little late to ask him and i know he is working on Genext too

abarron

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 am

lol... that doesn't mean we don't have a limit Smile

We pick our overseas guests very carefully every year and only spend money on big names who will attract lots of visitors.

We can afford to be a little more left feild with European guests and UK guests etc but US guests need to be A-listers or Legends.

We usually like to have at least one LEGEND and at least one current A-lister from the states.

Last year it was Cassaday and Golden, the year before Mignola and Nowlan, this year is Chaykin and an as yet unconfirmed A - Lister. We also have Pasquel Ferry from Spain and a special Japanese guest who's still to confirm.
We are also talking to dozens of other creators from all over the world about this year and future years.

That's my final word on the subject folks. You'll just have to keep your eyes on our news page for updates in this. Thanks for all the interest, and please continue to post your "BICS MOST WANTED" guest lists, it's really helpful.

all the best

Shane
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abarron Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 am

Admin wrote:lol... that doesn't mean we don't have a limit Smile

We pick our overseas guests very carefully every year and only spend money on big names who will attract lots of visitors.

We can afford to be a little more left feild with European guests and UK guests etc but US guests need to be A-listers or Legends.

We usually like to have at least one LEGEND and at least one current A-lister from the states.

Last year it was Cassaday and Golden, the year before Mignola and Nowlan, this year is Chaykin and an as yet unconfirmed A - Lister. We also have Pasquel Ferry from Spain and a special Japanese guest who's still to confirm.
We are also talking to dozens of other creators from all over the world about this year and future years.

That's my final word on the subject folks. You'll just have to keep your eyes on our news page for updates in this. Thanks for all the interest, and please continue to post your "BICS MOST WANTED" guest lists, it's really helpful.

all the best

Shane

Thanks for the info
Will keep my eyes peeled

abarron

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:57 pm

Just saw that Joe Sacco will be in London September 29th. Maybe you could convince him to stay in the UK for another week? Sacco would be awesome to have as a guest!

Harry

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:06 am

Already looked into it. He's booked into the Italian show that weekend, or he'd have come. Honestly I'm not answering this thread any more...honestly! Very Happy

S.

Harry wrote:Just saw that Joe Sacco will be in London September 29th. Maybe you could convince him to stay in the UK for another week? Sacco would be awesome to have as a guest!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeJoe Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:04 am

i would absoltely LOVE to meet john romita sr! him along with alan davis are my 2 artistic idols! so my wishlist would be as follows
John Romita Sr
Ed McGuinness
Grant Morrison
Frank Quietly
Tim Sale
and any of the kuberts-andy or adma in particular
i also think Francis Manapul would be great for the con,maybe next years, as this year we are having pasqual ferry and last year there was olivier coipel. it would be great to have francis at the con as he is another rising stylist like the other two mentioned

JoeJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeJoe Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:52 pm

oh and of course hwo could i forget-stan lee!
darwyn cooke would be great as well

JoeJoe

Back to top Go down

Who do YOU want to see at BICS? - Page 2 Empty Who do YOU want to see at BICS?

Post  rollins Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi.

Jacen Burrows said on his Twitter acc that he would be in the Uk in Oct.

Will he be attending this year???

rollins

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeJoe Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:49 pm

also, forbidden planet have listed that kevin smith will be signing in london 2 days after the end of bics
any chance we get him to make an appearance?

JoeJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  rasterblaster Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:23 pm

I'd also like to meet Mike McMahon but more so the great Ian Kennedy (retired), Jon Cooper, Ron Smith and some of the DC Thomson Dundee crowd.

rasterblaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next