INTERNATIONAL COMIC SHOWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International artists - sketching times

3 posters

Go down

International artists - sketching times Empty International artists - sketching times

Post  Harry Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi, first of all: congratulations to your lineup! I did not plan to come (as it is quite some trip from Germany - but your artists convinced me to get a ticket. Just WOW.
Now to my question: is there any chance that not all big name international artists (inlcuding guys like Bryan Hitch (!!) sign at the same time? For those of us who often visit the BICS it would be a shame if e.g. Hitch, Scott, Asrar and Vess would sign at the same time for 60-90 minutes. In that case one would have to decide and could only get one sketch, perhaps you could mix some of the artists who are more often at British conventions with those who are 1st timers? Just an idea.

Harry

Back to top Go down

International artists - sketching times Empty Re: International artists - sketching times

Post  mwigg1 Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 am

I'd like to see allocated times for signatures only as its quite frustrating having to wait in line for hours when all you want are a few comics signed.

Or maybe artists could be encouraged to do quick 30-second sketches (like Dave Gibbons) to keep the lines moving?

mwigg1

Back to top Go down

International artists - sketching times Empty Re: International artists - sketching times

Post  Harry Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Actually I do not see the issue there. Usually those who want sketches let those who just want signatures pass by - granted you don't have 50 comics to sign.

Harry

Back to top Go down

Post  mwigg1 Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:46 am

This has just been posted on the official website:

"During the convention weekend, Mr Vess will be happy to sign copies of any of his published works, for graphic novels and books that are presented; quick headshot sketches will be available. The artist will not sketch on loose paper or in sketchbooks."

This makes a lot of sense to me - quick headshot sketches should keep the queue moving and it means Mr Vess will not be tied up all day. So hopefully everyone who wants to meet him should be able to do so and will get a quick sketch and a signature as a memento.

I realise this kind of decision must be down to the artist but I hope others follow the example. Personally, I would rather meet and get a quick sketch from 3 or 4 great artists than queue for two or three hours to meet just one artist...

mwigg1

Back to top Go down

International artists - sketching times Empty wow

Post  victoertom Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:31 am

Actually I do not see the issue there. Usually those who want sketches let those who just want signatures pass by - granted you don't have 50 comics to sign.

victoertom

Back to top Go down

International artists - sketching times Empty woohoo

Post  victoertom Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 am

Sound great.
I'll try.
Thanks,brautundabendkleider.com

victoertom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down